Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana (Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan) is a is a centrally sponsored Scheme on entrepreneurship education and training being implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
The Scheme aims at creating an enabling ecosystem for Entrepreneurship development through Entrepreneurship education and training; Advocacy and easy access to entrepreneurship support network and Promoting social enterprises for inclusive growth.
The scheme spans over five years (2016-17 to 2020-21) with a project cost of Rs. 499.94 crore, and will provide entrepreneurship education and training to over 7 lakh students in 5 years through 3050 Institutes. It will also include easy access to information and mentor network, credit, incubator and accelerator and advocacy to create a pathway for the youth.
Specific objectives and deliverables
- Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs
Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, funds and business services
- Develop and deliver entrepreneurship education to all citizens free of charge through Massive Open On - line Courses (MOOCs) and other on - line programmes accessible through a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Design an assessment and certification mechanism.
- Equip a total of 3,050 institutions to deliver world class entrepreneurship education programmes : 2,200 Institutes of Higher Learning (Universities, Colleges, Premier Institutions and AICTE Institutions including Polytechnics); 300 schools (10+2); 500 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and 50 Entrepreneurship Development Centres (EDCs).
- Focus on the promotion of social entrepreneurship.
Support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs (E - Hubs)
- Create an "on - line market place" - a web based platform connecting entrepreneurs to each other for peer - to - peer networking and investors, financial institutions and business services such as legal, accounting, technology and HR services.
- Set up a national mentor network for young entrepreneurs.
- Establish a national network of incubators, accelerators and credit agencies.
- Establish a national network of business service providers.
- Leverage schemes/initiatives of Central Ministries and State/UT Governments.
Catalyze a culture shift to encourage entrepreneurship
- Establish a National Entrepreneurship Resource and Coordination Hub to coordinate and support entrepreneurship development programmes.
- Establish Regional, Nodal, and Entrepreneurship Hubs to coordinate and support entrepreneurship programmes at all levels.
- Develop a cloud based Management Information System that tracks entrepreneurs, training institutes (Project Institutes), faculty, students and outcomes.
- Factory on Wheels.
- Create a culture of dynamic entrepreneurship through events, branding and media.
- Drive entrepreneurship research & advocacy.
- Social Entrepreneurship Awareness Programmes for SC/ST and minority beneficiaries.
- Supervision of progress of the beneficiaries
Source : Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.